Origin of the name of Germanic Hof, which means "strong", "habitat together."
Hoffen is quoted in the texts since 1052.
The coat of arms of the village come from the family Trautwein, founder of Hoffen, extinct since 1664. Hoffen's story is very turbulent. . In the fourteenth century, there were then two towns: Hoven (consisting of a dozen farms) and Buren (4 houses) was owned by the St. Peter Young of Strasbourg. It was not until 1450 that these villages were ceded the lords and Fleckenstein Hohenburg. But by the end of the fifteenth century the possession of these localities passed into the hands of the Lords of the two bridges. And in the seventeenth century Hoffen is attached to baillage of Cleebourg. 1633. Buren lost and will be integrated into Hoffen after the passage of imperial troops Catholics in 1633. Le 1er septembre 1939 . On 1 September 1939 Hoffen was evacuated in Haute Vienne. In 1974 the municipalities of Leiterswiller Hoffen and Hermerswiller merged.
Curious Hoffen are of the former mayor and rue du Tilleul.
La rue du Tilleul The Rue du Tilleul
The Rue du Tilleul is remarkable and very picturesque with its alignment of houses with wood and constancy of the disposal of construction.
| || |
L’ancienne mairie The former mayor
| || |
The building, 200 years later, now houses the offices of the MSA (Mutuelle Sociale Agricole).
| || |
The current commercial is created by the merger in 1974 of three locations: Hoffen, Leiterwiller and Hermerswiller. The town hall is now located Leiterwiller in one of the buildings in the city militarily.
The Protestant church with its steeple, dates from 1841 and includes an organ Stiehr-Mockers in 1846, renovated in 2002. The Protestant worship is practiced only since the sixteenth century.
The linden tree of Liberty
The de la Libération lime or lime of the Revolution, planted in 1789 following the end of the monarchy and the proclamation of the Republic. This living monument, a nice wall of the graveyard or a bus shelter, remains a meeting place symbolic Outre-Forêt and has witnessed many confidences, promises, disputes and reconciliations, which leaves rustling today. It was under this tree that still runs the village festival.
The mill "Waldmühle"
The mill "Waldmühle" which dates back to the eighteenth century, is still in business. The passage of three rivers ban on the communal (Hausauerbach, Wintzenbach and Seltzbach) explains the presence of four mills wheat and testimony to the intense activity grain in the village.
| || |
Five brothers decided to bring together their knowledge and expertise to start a business machinery and agricultural equipment, including much-needed farmers surroundings.
Thus were born the Ets NIESS in 1885, in the street Seefeld. The company is now located rue du Sable, at the exit to Hunspach.